Terminally ill boxer checks off all his 22 bucket list wishes before dying…
Romeo, the nine-year-old boxer, was diagnosed with inoperable bone cancer late last year. Determined to make the most of his last few days, his owner Riina Cooke, decided to compile his very own Bucket List.
He got to have a birthday party.
Got to visit the US (from British Columbia, Canada)
Got a puppy pedicure.
Had his first beer.
Found a valentine.
Had lots of doggy treats
Went for a ride in a police car
Rode in a fire truck
Had a McDonald’s cheeseburger
Got a massage
Had breakfast in bed
Went on a blind date with Pearl
Had ice cream
Soon after Romeo accomplished the last item on his list, his condition declined and Riina made the heart breaking decision to put him down.
He couldn’t be saved… But he will be missed.
After years of sharing her home with Romeo, Riina missed his company and decided to welcome a new pooch, Elvis, into her home in Romeo’s memory.
This was the full Bucket List that Riina made for Romeo:
1. Trip to the first park where he had walkies
2. Have breakfast in bed with dad
3. Have his first beer with dad at the pub
4. Meet a celebrity
5. Watch a sunset
6. Candle lit massage from mum
7. Have a ride a fire engine
8. Have a ride a police car
9. Spend lots quality time with my family
10. Have a great birthday party
11. Help out at an animal shelter
12. Eat a McDonald’s cheese burger
13. Celebrate New Year in style
14. Enjoy a doggy ice cream
15. Have a steak dinner
16. Enjoy a full body massage
17. Get a pawicure
18. Go on a blind date
19. Eat some sushi
20. Find myself a Valentine
21. Have lots of doggy treats
22. Visit the USA